Chuck Edwards is a leader in business and in community service. He started with little but ambition and a willingness to apply himself to whatever task was set before him. As his hard work began to pay off, he sought ways to give back to his community, always with the desire that others would have the same opportunities for success that he has enjoyed.
• Born Waynesville, NC; raised in Waynesville and Bethel communities
• Moved to Henderson County at age of 12
• Father was a truck driver and Mother was a waitress
• Joined Boy Scouting at age 14 and attribute development of good citizenship and leadership skills largely to Scouting experiences
• Graduated West Henderson High School 1978—played football and wrestled, member of Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and Future Farmers of America
• Entered Blue Ridge Community College shortly after high school and continued to attend part time throughout early business career, taking select business and management courses
• Married the former Teresa Wilson in 1980, also a West High graduate and now co-owner of family businesses. She is a member of Hendersonville’s Kiwanis Club, Service First, and the St. James Board of Stewards. She has served as a Board Director then Secretary for Ronald McDonald House Charities, Board Director for YMCA of Hendersonville, YMCA of Western NC, Park Ridge Foundation and works to assist Mainstay, and the Dandelion Restaurant, and is President of McDonald’s Women’s Operator Network. She is a graduate of Henderson County’s Vision Alumni.
• Son Chris graduated from Hendersonville High School in 2000. He currently lives in Hendersonville, works with family in business, attends Blue Ridge Community College (EMT Training), is a member of the Blue Ridge Volunteer Fire Department, and was recently nominated to serve on its Board of Directors.
• Daughter Kimberly graduated Heritage Hall School in 2001. She lives in Laurel Park and works in the nursing field.
• Golf, hiking, hunting, fishing, bicycling, travel