Raleigh, N.C. – Sen. Chuck Edwards (R - Henderson) has been named to serve on 6 joint interim committees through the end of the 2021-2022 legislative biennium.
Upon hearing of these distinguished appointments Sen. Edwards responded "I continue to be honored that my nose-to-the-grindstone work ethic is recognized in the Senate. From these new positions, I will be able to have an even greater influence on policies affecting the lives of Western North Carolina citizens."
Although many legislative functions are halted during the Senate's interim, legislative work really never stops. Leading up to the 2022 Short Session, legislators use this time to prepare for the next session, including, but not limited to, personal research and appointments to interim committees. Interim committees are traditionally composed of joint membership by both House and Senate members and are legislatively authorized to study specific topics and develop new legislation.
Compounding on his traditional standing committee memberships, President Pro-Temp, Sen. Phil Berger (R - Rockingham), has appointed Sen. Edwards to the following joint committees for the conclusion of the 2021-2022 legislative biennium:
- Co-Chairman of Joint Legislative Economic Development and Global Engagement Oversight Committee
- Co-Chairman of Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Unemployment Insurance
- Environmental Review Commission
- Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Agriculture and Natural and Economic Resources
- Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations
- Revenue Laws Study Committee