Until 2016 I had never before run for a public office. My friends and supporters would often ask what could they do to help. At that time I didn’t know how to respond. After all, as a businessman I always figured out things on my own, and I was not accustomed to asking for help. Today I am very much aware of the energy and resources that are needed to run a WINNING campaign. Here are some things you can do to help.
Donate. Winning Campaigns are expensive. We need funding to reach voters in mass.
Volunteer. There are many ways you can be involved.
- Tell others why to vote for me.
- Engage young people. Their voting participation is low.
- Host a casual meet and greet for me with your friends, neighbors, or clubs.
- Join our social media team and share posts with your friends.
- Help put up and take down signs.
- Help us manage campaign events.
- Write a letter to the editor.
- Help monitor issues and conduct research.
- Join a Door-to-Door “Get out the vote” team.
- Work two shifts at a polling location.