RALEIGH, N.C. – North Carolina Senate Leader Phil Berger (R-Rockingham) appointed Senator Chuck Edwards (R-Henderson) as co-chair for one (1) Non-standing committee, and serve as a member on six (6) Non-standing, Interim and Study committees.
Senator Edwards has been appointed to the following committees:
- Co-Chair, Joint Legislative Economic Development and Global Engagement Oversight Committee
- Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Agriculture and Natural and Economic Resources
- Joint Legislative Elections Oversight Committee
- Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations
- Joint Legislative Program Evaluation Oversight Committee
- Revenue Laws Study Committee
- Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Unemployment Insurance.
“I’m pleased that my Senate colleagues recognize my work ethic, business acumen, and problem-solving skills. I eagerly accept the additional responsibilities, the workload, and the confidence entrusted in me. These assignments closely align with my business background and experience,” said Sen. Edwards. “Through these additional assignments, I can have an even greater positive influence for District 48 and our entire state,” Edwards went on to say.